Saturday, January 25, 2014

I Heart Haiku Deck

While looking for a new means to deliver content for an upcoming presentation, I stumbled across Haiku Deck.  Haiku Deck is a free presentation platform that started as an app, but recently released as a web based version. While exploring Haiku Deck, I have found that the tool stays true to their philosophy of "Simple, Beautiful, Fun."


What I Love About Haiku Deck

  • It is FREE!
    • Who doesn't love free?  Of course you can purchase a premium version, but from what I have seen, the free version and it's features are just fine!
  • The Images are Amazing!
    • Haiku Deck provides 35 million free images and 6 themes by using images from photographers that licensed under Creative Commons.  If you use the app, you will have access to the free images, but also to Getty Images through Haiku Deck for purchase.  You also have the option to easily insert your own beautiful photos from your computer or social media sites with the web and App version
  • You Decide Who Can See Your Deck.
    • The privacy of your deck is completely up to you. When you publish a deck, you decide who can find it.  You have the option to make it public (anyone can find it on the web), restricted (the deck can only been seen by people you share it with or people you have given the link to), or private (for your eyes only)
  • The Haiku Deck Team Offers TONS of Support
    • I love it when I can find answers quickly!  Haiku Deck has an awesome blog that provides tons of ideas, examples, and tips. They also have an incredibly thorough Support and Tutorials page.
  • Haiku Deck Wants to Support Educators and Students
Although I have just started dabbling with Haiku Deck, I am already impressed. Take a look at this basic tutorial and get started! I know you will love Haiku Deck as much as I do!



-Lindsay @lstutzman13





No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be reviewed by the ITF Team before they are posted to the blog.